Another Introduction – Ernest, the smaller copper still boiler
Well, well, it has been a week of introductions and HHH Distill has another offering, Ernest the small copper still boiler. There are smaller boilers out there, but compared to Chester, the 100 litre copper still boiler, I guess elegant Ernest is small at 50 litres.
But there is no denying that our new copper still boiler performs just as well as Chester will all the benefits of 100% copper. And Ernest is packed with features on his athletic body:
- a 4 inch distillation column connection with the typical HHH recess that takes the 104mmØ seive plate and bubble tee. You can connect any of the 4 inch products listed in the Shop to the boiler, but try Claudia the pot still belly, or the full plate column, or add gin basket to any configuration you choose;
- a 2 inch drain port fitted with 1 inch valve using a tri-clamp for easy disconnection;
- a 2 inch element port which takes a 2.2kW stainless steel element;
- 2 thermowells, one in the liquid zone and one in the vapour zone;
- a 2 inch pouring port fitted with a half inch ball valve and the tri-clamp for ease of connection and disconnection
Ernest is designed to be used with a wide range of volumes, from 10 to 50 litres. And you boil down to a volume of 5 litres and still cover the element. There is a catch, a small sacrifice for this versatility – Ernest is a little top heave when fitted with a full 4-6 plate distillation column and needs to be secured under these circumstances.